Tips for Performing Hands-Only CPR
January 19, 2023
Important Tips for Effective CPR
- Keep your Arms Straight... Keep your arms as straight as possible when performing chest compressions.
- Keep your Hands on the Chest... Your hands should always maintain contact with the chest wall or the practice surface you are using for compressions.
- Keep your Body Above the Patient... Your shoulders should be directly above the patient or the surface you are compressing on.
- Keep your hand flat on the Chest... The force of each compression should come from the heel of your hand. You should aim to compress 2.0-2.4 inches.
- Allow the Chest to Recoil... Full recoil of the chest is vital when performing CPR.
- Find a Consistent Rhythm... Keep a steady rhythm and stay on the beat! The most effective CPR is performed between 100-120 compressions per minute.
©2023 XiMiO Health Inc. dba Relay Response
XiMiO Health Inc. DBA Relay Response is a registered corporation in the state of Delaware.
Relay Response™ and XiMiO Health™ are trademarks of XiMiO Health, Inc.
© 2022 Relay Response. All rights reserved.